Linda accidentally left this story off of the front page so, even though it first crept out on Friday, I’m running it again now – with a bonus bit of Finding Dory at the bottom – Brendon.
Another movie star heads for TV, Tomorrowland rounds out its cast at long last and HBO has got a hilarious-sounding new sitcom with really random stars, in today’s roundup.
• Of all the movie stars heading to TV, never thought I’d be writing about Halle Berry, but here we are. The Oscar winner (now hoping to add Emmy to her shelf?) will play an astronaut who returns from space to spend time with her family who ends up shaping the course of human history in CBS drama Extant, which already has a 13 episode commitment. [Deadline]
• Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland, which is still pretty secretive, is deep into filming now, but has added a late cast member. Kathryn Hahn has been added in what is described as a funny, scene-stealing role to the film which stars George Clooney, Hugh Laurie and Britt Robertson. [THR]
• An indie drama called Cardboard Boxer about snotty rich kids who pay homeless guys to fight each other has cast Terrence Howard, Thomas Haden Church, Boyd Holbrook, Macy Gray and Rhys Wakefield. So there’s that to look forward to. [Variety]
• Harry Connick, Jr. has gone from singer to actor to reality show judge and now back to actor, with American Idol network Fox now setting up a comedy for the multi-hyphenate to star in. He’ll play a celebrity who takes time off from music to spend time with his teenage daughter. [Deadline]
• There’s a new comedy pilot being put together over on HBO, it’s called People in New Jersey, and it’ll have the most random cast ever: Sarah Silverman, Topher Grace, Patti LuPone. The younger actors are brother and sister, and LuPone will be their opinionated, widowed mother. [Deadline]
And here’s your bonus: Willem Defoe has started recording his part for the Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory. He says he’s only had one session but the film is even better than the first. [Total Film]