Linda Ge writes for Bleeding Cool.
Another YA adaptation rolls the dice, Ron Howard gets his Herman Melville and more casting news of the day.
• Bradley Cooper will produce and most likely play one of the two lead roles in Warner Bros’ Lance Armstrong biopic Red Blooded American that Jay Roach is directing. Cooper must really want to see an Armstrong movie happen because he had previously been linked to the one at Paramount that JJ Abrams is doing. Guess that one was taking too long so Cooper’s jumping ship to Roach’s, which is now on the fast-track. [Deadline]
• Jeremy Irvine and Addison Timlin are set to play the latest supernatural star-crossed lovers in Fallen, based on the young adult paranormal romance novel(s) by Lauren Kate and to be directed by Scott Hicks. Will it be the next Twilight or Beautiful Creatures? Lotus Entertainment and Mayhem Pictures are willing to spend a least a few millions to find out. [Deadline]
• British actress Victoria Summer has landed a supporting role in Transformers 4. The Michael Bay film starring Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz is currently shooting (read: blowing stuff up) in Detroit. [The Wrap]
• Ben Whishaw has finalized his deal to play Moby Dick author Herman Melville in Ron Howard’s In the Heart of the Sea, about the actual whaling expedition disaster that inspired Melville’s famous novel. Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Benjamin Walker, Cillian Murphy, Brendon Gleeson and newcomer Osy Ikhile also star. [The Wrap]
• TV’s The Big Bang Theory sitcom star Kaley Cuoco is joing Jeremy Garelick’s untitled film starring Josh Gad and Kevin Hart. The comedy revolves around a groom who lies about having friends and groomsmen. [The Wrap]
• Kid actor Sterling Jerins will play a younger version of Charlize Theron in the adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel Dark Places. Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Hoult and Corey Stoll also star, while Gilles Brenner directs. [Variety]