The Batman Zero Year panel just concluded at WonderCon with Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and DC’s John Cunningham on hand to talk about Zero Year and other upcoming projects. We’ve got BC’ers on hand writing up the details, but for now, here’s a few highlights:
- Greg Capullo and Snyder have plans for Batman that may possibly run through Batman #48 or #49.
- Snyder on Zero Year: “There’s nothing in this book that you’ve seen before. I’m not going to redo Year One.” Further — Year One could not have happened in the continuity of the New 52 due to several underlying events and details changing. For Zero Year, important key concepts will remain, but the book will still be something very different than we’ve seen before.
- Superman and Batman: Superman is going to be in the Batman comic upcoming, and Batman is going to be in Superman Unchained early on as well.
- Superman Unchained’s Really Big Page: As mentioned in the DC All Access panel, there’s a 4-page double sided fold out in Superman Unchained which is an important part of the book.
- Jim Lee has told Snyder that he’s drawing Lex Luthor to look like Grant Morrison.
And here’s the cover of Batman #22 by Greg Capullo: