Seems like it’s Iron Man 3 week. Here’s a new image of Rebecca Hall as Maya Hansen.
Now, here are my bullet points of observation. Indulge me.
- What is she working on here? We assume it’s Extremis tech, right? It’s certainly something microscopic, because… there’s a microscope.
- But note the plants growing in the background, and appearing on the screen. Is it not Extremis, then? Or is the new Extremis some kind of bio-tech?
- Also note the blue canisters on the right. A freezing agent? Maybe, because maybe it says something like HydrisCryo on her screen. Or it might be something else. Perhaps. Hydr… something.
- No, it won’t be anything to do with Hydra. Calm down.
- If the cold is relevant, perhaps the snow scenes in the trailer aren’t just a Shane Black Christmassy affectation.
- Does Hansen’s dress suggest that she’s been to China, is in China or is working with the Chinese?
- Note the cut on her forehead. She also had that in the trailer. I think we can finally see how she got it in the Superbowl promo. Here’s a screen grab of her at Tony’s pad when the helicopters strike, right over on the left.
- She’s dressed like she was in the trailer, which means the new image almost certainly takes place in a scene after Tony’s pad sinks – different dress, even if it’s the same sweatshirt or cardie or hoodie or whatever it turns out to be.
- Finally, note the walls and exposed piping. This isn’t a glamourous location. Not like the apparently sterile room where Stark goes under anaesthetic.
- That Rebecca Hall is a good looking lady, isn’t she?