In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire in order to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Mystique Is All Made Up On The Set Of X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- DC Comics To Pay 75% OF Comic Stores Advertising If Its Got Superman In It
- Does This Moustache Confirm An Old Days Of Future Past Rumour?
- The New Nature Of Villain’s Month From DC In September
- WB Might Not Have A String Of Movies To Set Up Justice League, But Plan B Is Rolling Out To Stores Soon
- Rumourish Rumourbusting – Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye To Return For Avengers 2
- Supergirl In The Man Of Steel Prequel?
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Name Of The Doctor
- The Return Of Jim Lee’s Divine Right: The Adventures Of Max Faraday?
- James Robinson Walks From DC Comics. Along The Beach.