Waitrose TV Ad Gets Hacked Up By Greenpeace To Target Shell Connections

YouTube Preview Image

This year, British supermarket chain, Waitrose, is running a different ad campaign to their usual all-singing, all-dancing, all-free ranging extravaganza. Rather than spend money on making such an ad, they are giving this cash to charity. But the actual making of the ad accounts for only something like 5% of the spend – they’re still dishing out the other 95% on the airtime the spot up. And then there’s the money spent on PR to point their scheme out…

The advocacy and activism group Greenpeace took this opportunity to hack up the original ad and redux it, to point out Waitrose’s associations with Shell, and their Arctic mining operations, which don’t sit easily with Waitrose’s environmental credentials.

Here’s the original ad…

YouTube Preview Image

Bleeding Cool's coverage of San Diego Comic Con 2015 is brought to you by Valiant's BOOK OF DEATH #1 – in stores July 15th. Visit ValiantUniverse.com for more information.

Len Wein To Write New Metal Men Series #DCJanuary

Marv Wolfman To Write Raven Series #DCJanuary

635717470529051866-Meta-Poison

Poison Ivy Fans Rejoice, She's Getting Her Own Series From Amy Chu #DCJanuary #PoisonIvyLeague

635717469362936916-Katana-Swampy

Len Wein Returns To Swamp Thing Series #DCJanuary

Marvel Maintains Over 15 Point Marketshare Lead Over DC In June 2015 As Renew Your Vows Indicates Desire For A Return To Watson-Parker Marriage

Dynamite To Stake Claim To New York, As DC Leaves (UPDATE)

KV_thumb

Random Notes From The Summer Anime Season - Look! It Moves! by Adi Tantimedh

vampier_diaries_cover_by_peubloshatner-d7x17je

Warren Ellis Writing The James Bond 007 Comic, Jason Masters Drawing It - And Here's Why

4

A 'French Invasion' As Delcourt Debuts In English On ComiXology, Plus Preview Of Iron Squad

tumblr_nqzg55NGUG1rg2j3ko1_1280

Is There A New Superman Game In The Works By The Batman: Arkham Origins Developer?