This final theatrical trailer for Cars 2 reinvokes the race track milieu of the first film. I thought we’d be more or less completely getting away from this stuff, but maybe this second chapter isn’t as wall-to-wall spy action as I’d thought.
The following clip features toilet humour of a motorised variety. Classical yet novel, all at once.
You’ll have heard a cover version of The Cars’ All I Want in the trailer, as performed by Weezer. Here’s a video of them recording a few seconds of it in some promotional B-roll footage.
The full soundtrack is available for pre-order now. As well as the score by Michael Giacchino it will feature a sprinkling of pop songs:
1. You Might Think Performed by Weezer
2. Collision Of Worlds Performed by Brad Paisley and Robbie Williams
3. Mon Caeur Fait Vroum (My Heart Goes Vroom) Performed by Bénabar
4. Nobody’s Fool Performed by Brad Paisley
5. Polyrhythm Performed by Perfume
6. Turbo Transmission Score
7. It’s Finn McMissile! Score
8. Mater The Waiter Score
9. Radiator Reunion Score
10. Cranking Up The Heat Score
11. Towkyo Takeout Score
12. Tarmac The Magnificent Score
13. Whose Engine Is This? Score
14. History’s Biggest Loser Cars Score
15. Mater Of Disguise Score
16. Porto Corsa Score
17. The Lemon Pledge Score
18. Mater’s Getaway Score
19. Mater Warns McQueen Score
20. Going To The Backup Plan Score
21. Mater’s The Bomb Score
22. Blunder And Lightning Score
23. The Other Shoot Score
24. Axlerod Exposed Score
25. The Radiator Springs Gran Prix Score
26. The Turbomater Score
Here’s one of those behind-the-scenes clips with Giacchino.