In order to promote the DVD and Blu-ray release of The A-Team in the UK this week, I got to sit down with Sharlto Copley and have a chat about that film, and his other projects.
In the video below I ask about:
- What shape The A-Team was in when he came on board
- What was appealing about the project to him
- The tone of the show vs. the tone of the movie
- His decision to play Murdock in the style of the show and not reinvent the role
- The differences between how he played the character and how it was written
- Representations of characters with mental health problems
- How it feels for him to now be in front of the camera, and no longer behind it
- Does he want to get back behind the camera and make another film himself?
- Will he or won’t he sign on to Men in Black 3?
- His working relationship with Neill Blomkamp and their possible future collaboration
- What’s really good and exciting in South African cinema today?
And like every good interviewee, he gives a lot more than he was asked for. Enjoy.