Big Helium Dogmaster Brian Lynch is the man behind the screenplay for Hop, so I can’t help but be a little optimistic, even while director Tim Hill’s later scorecard – Garfield 2, Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 – would hardly fill me with confidence in its own right.
According to Hop‘s official Facebook Page, the film tells “the comic tale of Fred (James Marsden), an out-of-work slacker who accidentally injures the Easter Bunny (voiced by Russell Brand) and must take him in as he recovers”.
It’s at that Facebook page I found the following poster, premiering the CG design of Russell Brand’s lapine alter ego.
Things I’ve just learned about the Easter Bunny:
- Either he doesn’t want you looking at his nipples or he has an embarrassing tummy scar or he just gets cold up top
- He doesn’t care if you can see the oddly featureless area where you might have expected his genitals to be
- He’s either a drummer or he has some other use for drumsticks
- He’s not much bigger than a chocolate bunny, though these are likely to be almost-actual-rabbit-sized specimens
- He wears headphones in a rather “I like music, yeah?” fashion
- He has a little chick sidekick who jumps in the air like some kind of ironically fluffy rock fiend
The film is released on April 1st next year. I’d expect the trailer is only days away.