1. That to get to Artists’ Alley, you have to actually go through an alley. Then get past the mighty crowd of gaming onlookers surrounding big screen battles. But it’s well worth it, and plenty of people made their way through.
2. The Image stand is selling copies of Skullkickers first print for $5, and you can get them signed too. eBay flappable opportunity?
3. Peter Bagge is drawing a Tink one shot from The Guild for Dark Horse…
4. Currently all the covers to Image United join together creating one large image. But I’m told the sixth issue over will join up with the first cover, effectively creating an infinite page spread…
5. There are a hundred copies of Savage Dragon‘s first issue for every current reader of the comic.
6. Dark Horse teased the possibility of a Spike mini-series as part of Buffy Season Nine, but I also heard about a Faith series too.
7. Ron Marz doesn’t like investment bankers. But he hates Marc Alessi more. And Mark Alessi’s wife even . CORRECTION: Ron would like it to be known that he was misquoted and does not hate Mark or his wife. And it’s true, I paraphrased from Ron’s performance on the Image Writers panel, and did think the use of the word “bitch” a few times counted. Clearly I was wrong.
8. Charlie Adlard keeps drawing Rick from Walking Dead with both hands. Or the wrong hand missing. And has to keep doing corrections.
9. Robert Kirkman and Jason Howard have a new series from Image out next year that is non-Wolfman.
10. Andy Lanning, Dan Abnett and David Messina are creating Infestation, putting the likes of Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Transformers and GI Joe through the zombie process all using official licences, with other creators helping out with the multi-mini-series crossover project.
NYCC has now sold out for Saturday and Sunday.